At William Reynolds Primary School and Nursery we adhere to the four EYFS key themes that shape practice within Early Years Settings. These overarching principles are central to us creating a Foundation Stage that starts with the child, supports and develops the role of parents, offers a high quality environment and provides children with exciting contexts for their learning. We believe in encouraging children to be curious, to play and explore, actively engage in their learning and develop skills of creativity and critical thinking.
- Every child is a Unique Child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through Positive Relationships. We aim to develop caring, respectful professional relationships with the children and their families.
- Children learn and develop well in Enabling Environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between parents and/or carers.
- Children Develop and Learn in different ways and at different rates. We aim to cater for all children by providing an inclusive setting.
We meet the needs of the children through:
- Quality and consistency in our inclusive environment ensures that all children make good progress
- A secure foundation through high quality learning and development opportunities, which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child. Children are assessed and reviewed regularly in preparation for next steps learning.
- Working in partnership to make an effective partnership between practitioners and parent/carers. We recognise children learn to be strong and independent from secure relationships. We aim to develop caring, respectful and professional relationships with the children and their families.
- Equality of opportunity ensures that every child is included and supported.