Autumn Term in Sparklers
In this term we will be learning all about the British Kings and Queens beyond 1066. We will be making our own timelines and will be discussing the modern monarch and how it came to be.
During our circle time and PSHE sessions we will learning about
- having respect for ourselves and others
- being independent and responsible members of the school community
- being positive and active members of a democratic society
- develop our self-confidence and self-esteem
- being prepared for, and having an appreciation of life in modern Britain
All of this will be under our theme of ‘We are all born free.’
In Art we will be comparing and contrasting the scenes painted by LS Lowry and will be visiting park lane later in the term in order to collect images and begin to make our own sketch matchstick figures in the style of Lowery.
PE will be indoor and take place on Thursday afternoons, where will have the chance to develop our stamina along with our agility, balance and co-ordination skills.
We will also have the opportunity to continue to develop our cooking skills to make a range of healthy snacks.
There will be opportunities for you to join your children on our special Parents into Sparklers afternoon – where there will be a range of craft activities and refreshments will also be served. We will post the next date here shortly.