Come outside , take a look!
MAKE-Feed The Birds- Pine cone Feeder
Sticky fun for you and a warming, winter treat for the birds.
You will need
- Pine or fir cones (dried out so they don’t open)
- Bird seed
- Meal worms
- Grated cheese
- Suet or lard
- A mixing bowl
- Make your bird mix. Allow the lard to warm up to room temperature, but don’t melt it. Then cut it up into small pieces and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Add the other ingredients to the bowl. Mix them together with your fingertips until the fat holds the squidgy mess together.
- Then pack the sticky bird mix around the cone, squashing it in with your fingers to create a ball shape.Rolling the cone in the seeds.
- Put your cone in the fridge to set for an hour or so. After that, they’ll be ready to hang up and are bound to bring the birds flocking
SPOT – Squirrels and Jays as they search for the acorns they have cashed in the Autumn.